Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance of the eyelids and eyebrow area. It is a surgical procedure, meaning it can be done on an outpatient basis.
Blepharoplasty in Honolulu, HI, involves using special instruments to remove excess skin and fat from around the eyes. Afterward, surgeons will reshape the skin over the top of your eyebrows and eyelids to look more youthful and full-looking.
The main objective of this surgery
- This procedure aims to reduce puffiness under your eyes, wrinkles around or near your eyes, bags under them (under-eye bags), drooping upper eyelids, and possibly even missing hair. The procedure might also help with any other problems related to aging, such as sagging skin around the mouth; loss of volume in cheeks; loose lower eyelids; lopsided smile lines below lips; crooked nose bridge/chin area, etc.
- With Blepharoplasty, patients may experience improved vision due to an improved field of view.
- The upper eyelid is incised, and the lower eyelids are lifted to lengthen them. Together, they are joined to the cheekbone.
- The skin at the base of the eyebrow is removed, as is a skin tumor covering part of the lower lid.
- Under general anesthesia, the treatment is completed as an outpatient. It’s performed in a hospital-based outpatient eye surgery center, where you’ll be given medication to help you relax during surgery.
Moments after the surgery
After your eyelid surgery, your doctor will put drops into your eyes to prevent swelling and discomfort after the procedure. Until 24 hours have elapsed since the operation, you might be allowed to drive yourself home, but even then, staying off work for at least 48 hours is recommended following this type of cosmetic procedure.
More about the surgery
The excess eyelid skin is trimmed to reshape the contour.
In a hospital-based outpatient eye surgery center, The treatment is performed either under general anesthesia or local anesthetic on an outpatient basis. It may be done on an outpatient basis with local anesthesia or under general anesthesia in a hospital-based outpatient eye surgery center.
The eyebrows are shaped with sutures and trimmed.
After the wrinkles have been removed, the skin is closed with sutures. The sutures help hold the eyelid down and keep it in place so that it heals without any gaps. They are removed a few weeks after surgery has been completed to allow time for healing on your own.
Eyeliner or pencil is applied to the eyelid, lending a subtle enhancement to eye makeup.
The procedure can be performed as part of a comprehensive blepharoplasty procedure, or it can be performed on its own. In this case, the surgeon will remove excess skin from around the eyes and reposition it so that it no longer extends beyond your eyebrows or lashes.
If you are considering Blepharoplasty in Honolulu, HI, it is crucial to understand that the results of this procedure can last many years and should not be taken lightly. You may experience discomfort after the operation and should expect swelling in your eyes, which will go down over time as the skin heals around it. You may also feel pressure on your eyelids during sleep or when looking up at things far away from you (such as ceiling tiles), but this will pass in time.